Frequently Asked Questions
We've provided answers to a number of commonly asked chiropractic questions. If you have a question that is not addressed here, please call us at (772) 778-2225 or check out the Education section of our website. We look forward to resolving all of your chiropractic care concerns.
- What should I expect on my first visit?
- Does getting an adjustment hurt?
- Will I be sore after a treatment?
- When will I begin to feel better?
- Do you take insurance?
- Do you adjust kids?
- Useful Links
Q: What should I expect on my first visit?
A: Upon walking into our office, you will be met by smiling faces and a kind word. If you haven't already filled out one of our down-loadable entry forms, you will be given some paperwork and guided through filling it out. In most cases, this first visit should be no more than one hour. After your initial consultation with the doctor, examination and x-rays (if deemed necessary), treatment usually can begin right away.
Q: Does getting an adjustment hurt?
A: Not in the vast majority of cases. Only on very rare occasions will a patient experience some minor discomfort, but it is followed by welcome pain relief. We perform spinal adjustments on children as young as two months old and folks as old as 97 years. Our techniques are very gentle and safe.
Q: Will I be sore after a treatment?
A: On rare occasions, muscle soreness might occur. During treatment our doctors and staff will do everything possible to ensure a pain-free, positive experience.
Q: When will I begin to feel better?
A: Immediately, in most cases. But response time varies according to the severity of the problem, as with any medical condition/procedure. Some severe acute injuries and some chronic or long standing conditions may take weeks to completely resolve to a pain-free state, but following through with your chiropractor's recommendation will minimize your recovery time. It is our goal to get you relief as quickly as possible.
Q: Do you take insurance?
A: Yes. We accept many all insurances including Auto Insurance, Blue Cross, United Healthcare and Medicare. We file your insurance for you and it's all very easy. We will let you know up front exactly what your coverage is and what out of pocket expenses you might incur before any treatment takes place. There will be no surprises or large treatment bills.
Our office is a Non-participating Medicare provider which means that the patient pays our office at the time of service, we submit all necessary documentation to Medicare on the patient's behalf, and Medicare reimburses the patient. We understand this may be different than what some Medicare patients are accustomed to. The turn around time for medicare to reimburse the patients usually takes two to three weeks.
Q: Do you adjust kids?
A: Yes. Many childhood problems respond amazingly well to gentle chiropractic adjustments. Some conditions include ear infections, hyperactivity, infantile colic, allergies, sinus trouble, asthma and many more.
Want to learn more about chiropractic care? Visit these very informative sites:
- www.amerchiro.org - American Chiropractic Association
- www.acasc.org - American Chiropractic Association Council on Sports Injuries and Physical Fitness
- www.chiroweb.com - Chiropractic Community
- www.apta.org - Athletic Physical Therapy Association
- www.sportsmed.org - American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
- www.acsm.org - American College of Sports Medicine
- www.chiropractic.org - International Chiropractors Association
- www.chiro.org - Chiropractic Resource Organization
- www.icpa4kids.org - The International Chiropractic Pediatric Association
- www.backpacksafe.com - Back Pack Safety America
- www.acefitness.com - American Council on Fitness